Building a Scalable Theme System
Whether you manage a single site or a hundred, you face constant requests to build new designs, new features, and even entirely new sites. How can you give your designers and marketers freedom to craft the look and feel that each brand requires without sacrificing your sanity?
In this session, we'll look at creating a theme system that can be shared across a variety of web sites and industries. We'll consider the theory and practice of migrating from a monolithic front-end code base to a modular component structure. We'll also examine case studies, and discuss the trade-offs and potential downsides of such a transition.
- Front-end workflows to see results, fast
- Breaking out of "append-only" mode to confidently edit existing code
- The power (and safety) of visual regression testing
- Theming page segments with Paragraphs
- Using custom tooling to ease pain points
By the end, you'll have real-world examples of how to systematically theme sites, both old and new, in a way that's fast, flexible, and fun!60 minutes