Drud is a suite of integrated, automated, Open Source, enterprise-grade development tools, DevOps workflows, and hosting platform.
On the surface, Open Source technology and CMS frameworks have disrupted the web software development industry for the better, by adding significant value at “no cost.”
However, the reality is that professional development and deployment with modern CMS frameworks is complicated, time-consuming, and prone to human error. New solutions have evolved to address this opportunity, one way or the other, but none of them solves the whole problem.
- Development: Time is wasted achieving compatibility with multiple hosting providers, syncing apps from production, and switching between projects.
- Deployment: Transferring work from a local workstation to production can be haphazard, which results in longer feedback loops to get a customer’s approval.
- Hosting: Options for such modern CMS websites are either inexpensive (but poor quality) or high quality (but very expensive). None of the existing hosting options are Open Source even though many of these organizations have built their names on Open Source.
Built to leverage, and complement, the best of Open Source technology, DRUD is an inexpensive, complete suite of infrastructure and development tools that is driven by a proven team of Business Leaders, Developers and Ops Engineers, to solve real-world needs spanning:
- Development: Test-driven, local development with Best Practices automation, to save time performing repetitive tasks.
- Deployment: Integrated deployment with built-in “Live Preview” of a site, to allow for full testing and client review without requiring, external hosting.
- Hosting: Fully integrated, containerized hosting solution with multiple-stack options to fit the varying needs of multiple client types.
Choose Between PaaS or On-Premise – Traditional providers can’t offer clients the ability to install or manage the vendor’s system internally. In contrast, our open source, self-hosted alternatives can be installed within minutes! This allows organizations with specific security or technical requirements to become customers. The spectrum of affected companies includes everything from HIPAA-bound organizations to Europeans with laws restricting them from hosting inside of the United States to organizations that have significant hardware investments.
Highly Pluggable – Each of the Drud suite of tools can be used to support other providers or workflows. Drud ddev can work with sites hosted on other providers via an open, pluggable interface. Drud Preview can be utilized in a continuous deployment pipeline to allow additional exposure to clients during development.
White Label Option – Our licensing plan enables organizations to white-label the experience and become their own hosting provider. This allows an agency to competitively price their product by avoiding higher OPEX costs.Drud Technology